Your well-being is our top priority
Your safety is our first concern. Our specific protocols and safety analysis procedures, in conjunction with updates provided by our local partners and communities, allow us to carefully assess the stability of each region we visit and plan our operations accordingly. Our staff frequently review all aspects of our walking holidays to ensure we are providing you with the best possible travel experience.
For updates on specific events and regions, please see our most recent travel warnings and advice below.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 Update: 15 June 2021
All of our trips and operating bases are now running as usual with our COVID-19 safe procedures in place. All passengers are required to complete a COVID-19 health declaration before joining one of our departures and we will conduct temperature checks at the arrival point of your chosen trip. Health declarations are provided to all passengers with their pre-departure information for completion. Together, we can be assured that we are protecting our travelers, guides and the many good people you’ll meet during your journey.
Any passengers who are directly impacted by a COVID-19 restrictions or public health directions will be contacted by your reservation consultant. We are also asking any of our travelers that are affected by COVID-19 restrictions or public health directions to contact us as soon as you are made aware, as you may have travelled through a hotspot despite your residential address being in a non-affected area/region.
We ask that all passengers keep up to date with any state border restrictions or procedures for interstate travel. Some states may require the completion of a health declaration before travelling interstate depending on your origin and destination.
Any passengers who have been directly impacted by a Government COVID-19 restriction may be eligible for our flexible cancellation terms.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 Update: 18 December 2020
After a cluster positive COVID-19 cases emerging in the Northern Beaches of NSW some states have deemed the area to be high risk. This has resulted in travel restrictions being imposed on residents from this area or anyone who has spent time in this hotspot from the 11th December.
Currently, Tasmania, Western Australia, Northern Territory and Queensland have declared the Northern Beaches of Sydney as a COVID-19 hotspot and have banned entry for residents from this area. We closely monitoring the situation. At this stage, all of our trips are proceeding as planned and we are contacting all passengers who may be impacted by the new restrictions to assist with alternate travel arrangements.
The safety of our passengers and team is our utmost priority and we will take any action that is advised by the state governments and public health to ensure their safety.
If you are unsure on which areas have been impacted the below map shows the area that has been deemed high risk by various state public health departments;
Northern Territory high-risk areas – here.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 Update: 25 May 2020
Due to the continuing impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), particularly the closure of National Parks and state borders, we have suspended the operation of all trips until 14 July 2020. Our consultants are now contacting all passengers that were due to travel between 1-14 July 2020.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 Update: 28 April 2020
Due to the continuing impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), particularly the closure of National Parks and state borders, we have suspended the operation of all trips until 30 June 2020. Our consultants are now contacting all passengers that were due to travel in June 2020.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 Update: 28 March 2020
For departures after 01 June 2020
We are receiving a significant number of enquiries from our travellers in relation to trips with departures after 01 June 2020. We can advise that in April, we will be reviewing the operational status of trips departing in June 2020 and will continue to update future trips on a month by month basis.
For now, only trips up to 31 May 2020 have been advised as inoperable.
- For passengers with departures in June 2020, our consultants will advise you of the status of your trip in April 2020.
- For passengers who are due to travel post 01 July 2020 and who wish to either postpone or cancel your trip arrangements due to the coronavirus pandemic, please notify us in writing and you will receive a credit for the monies paid for the land arrangements of the tour to use towards a departure within 18 months of your original departure date. For travellers postponing their trip we will waive our standard $100 transfer fee*
*Any non-refundable permits, internal ﬂights or other nonrecoverable prepayments that have been paid by you and sent on to secure those services will not be held in credit. You will notiﬁed at the time of your transfer or cancellation of the status of such payments after consultation with the relevant provider.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 Update: 23 March 2020
Due to the impacts of the Coronavirus which have resulted in restrictions implemented by the Australian Federal and State Governments over the weekend in response to COVID-19, we will be postponing all Australian trips between 23nd March 2020 and 31st May 2020.
Trips departing after May will be reviewed in due course.
We will be contacting all clients travelling between 23 March and 31st of May who have been affected from today in chronological order.
We ask at this time rather than call our offices, to put your communication in an email to us, we are doing our best to respond to them as quickly as we can.
We thank you for your patience.